We all inevitably age; however, the signs of aging can be sped up by environmental damage to our skin through sun exposure, smoking, stress, and even pollution. While we can’t prevent aging all together, the regular use of high quality skin care products can go a long way in minimizing the symptoms of aging as well as protecting against the formation of new skin conditions like sun spots, wrinkles, and uneven surface texture.
Pittman Plastic Surgery offers patients several skin care product lines based on their individual skin needs. For those patients specifically interested in reversing the signs of sun damage and hyperpigmentation (melasma), Obagi® Nu-Derm may be especially effective. Obagi® Nu-Derm utilizes a custom combination of glycolic and lactic-acid containing cleansers, corrective serums, and protective products to address these skin conditions at the core of the problem: cell production.
Most patients are able to notice dramatic improvement in the appearance of hyperpigmentation, acne, and other surface imperfections within six weeks of use (one full skin cell cycle). Pittman Plastic Surgery’s providers meet with patients during a consultation to suggest which of the following products will be most effective in producing the desired cosmetic results.
Obagi® Nu-Derm components may include the following:
- Gentle Cleanser
- Foaming Gel Cleanser (for normal to oily skin)
- Tolereen moisturizer (to aid affect of Exfoderm and Tretinoin)
- Action moisturizer (noncomedogenic, safe for all skin types)
- Clear (hyperpigmentation correction)
- Exfoderm (exfoliant booster)
- Exfoderm Forte (aids in exfoliation and absorption of pigment corrector)
- Blender (stimulates absorption of corrective serums)
- Tretinoin (exfoliant to help with dry/sensitive/ or combination skin)
- ELASTIderm (helps rebuild collagen and elastin fibers for fewer wrinkles)
- ELASTIderm Décolletage (helps collagen production on chest and neck)
- Obagi® Professional-C Serum (destroys free radicals and improves collagen production)
- Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35
- Healthy Skin Protection SPF 50
To schedule your skin care consultation today contact Pittman Plastic Surgery by visiting their website or calling (706) 549-3203. Learn more about the services we offer by joining us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google +.