How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
Let’s face it: You’re interested in CoolSculpting, but there’s something holding you back…
The potential cost.
While you suspect that CoolSculpting won’t cost as much money as a surgical alternative – for example, like liposuction – the truth is you really aren’t sure. Will you end up having to pay lots of money for multiple procedures? Or is CoolSculpting really a more affordable way to lose inches and feel more comfortable in your clothes?
Let’s find out!
The “Average” Cost of CoolSculpting
If you Google, “How much does CoolSculpting Cost?” you will most likely run into a lot of the same information. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), states that the average cost of CoolSculpting is about $1500. While the actual CoolSculpting website prices the procedure a little higher by claiming that it can cost around $2000-$4000 per session. But these are general statements and do not educate you on the finer details of how this procedure is priced. Furthermore, what defines a “session?” How many sessions do I need? Isn’t there something called a “cycle?” These are all questions that can be answered in this blog.
For you to become an educated consumer, you need to understand the language around this procedure. First, let’s start with the word “cycle.” A cycle is anytime a treatment applicator (sometimes called a handpiece) is placed on the body. The CoolSculpting machine has to run a cycle for that treatment.
Now here comes the tricky part. “Cycles” are not the same thing as “sessions.” For example, you could have a consultation with our CoolSculpting specialist, Susan, and it can be determined that you would need 4 cycles to treat the area you are concerned about sculpting. Believe it or not, we can administer those 4 cycles in one “session” or visit to our office.
So, to recap here is a summary of the language you need to know about CoolSculpting:
Sessions (visits): The number of times you come to the office for treatment
Cycles: The number of times the CoolSculpting machine treats an area on your body.
CoolSculpting Pricing – Plain and Simple
CoolSculpting is generally priced by the cycle. Mostly, because that is how all medical practices have to buy the treatments from the manufacturer, Allergan, so it only makes sense that medical practices would sell the treatment by cycles.
Like most things, the price of cycles can vary from place to place. The range can be anywhere from $600 – $750, typically speaking. Here is a shortlist of things that can affect the way a medical practice will price its cycles.
- Your location (big cities are usually more expensive)
- Let’s face it! Running a business in the middle of Buckhead is going to cost more than running a business in Athens, GA. The business is going to require more money for their services because they simply have higher operating expenses to cover.
- The experience of the CoolSculpting technician
- Yes! An experienced CoolSculpting technician will have years of actual hands-on experience with the procedure. This experience is crucial, as it informs which applicators will be used, where they are placed, whether you are a good candidate, setting realistic expectations, and a host of other factors. Susan, our CoolSculpting Specialists, has years of experience with this procedure as we were one of the first to bring the treatment to Athens, GA.
- The variety of applicators the practice has available
- Believe it or not, there are several different types of applicators available for the CoolSculpting machine. These (additional) applicators do not come with the CoolSculpting machine and must be purchased separately at a premium price. Not all medical practices offering CoolSculpting have a plethora of different handpieces at their disposal. This means that they cannot use the correct applicator for every part of the body. This has two major problems: 1) Your treatment is less likely to be effective, and 2) You may need additional cycles (more money) to treat areas that are not designed for the standard handpiece.
CoolSculpting Package Pricing
Package pricing is always a good alternative to save money on your CoolSculpting treatment. This is because most practices offer discounts with the more cycles you purchase. This makes sense from the standpoint of the practice as they can treat you more effectively and in less time if they “batch” your treatments together. Obviously, it makes sense from the consumer’s standpoint as they receive better pricing per cycle when they buy a package. At Pittman Plastic Surgery, we offer and recommend packages as we feel it is the best way to provide CoolSculpting treatments.
Everyone wants a good deal! We understand that, and from time-to-time, we offer specials or promotions on different CoolSculpting packages. To stay abreast of these specials, please follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter to get this information via email.