If you’re interested in liposuction surgery, it may feel like the only barrier between you and that final decision is uncertainty about how much the procedure may cost.
Will liposuction surgery be prohibitively expensive? Or will a body-contouring procedure be surprisingly affordable?
Let’s take a closer look at how much liposuction costs, including the factors that can influence your surgery’s final price.
Liposuction: Average Costs
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the average cost of liposuction in 2018 was $3,518. This is the year when data was last made available, so expect to see this average cost go up by a few hundred dollars when more recent data is released.
What Else Can Influence Liposuction Costs?
Other factors that can influence liposuction costs include:
- Your region’s cost-of-living index
- If general anesthesia is used
- Your plastic surgeon’s experience and expertise
- Surgery center fees
- Prescription medications
- And more
Liposuction Consultations Available
Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction Surgery?
You may be a good candidate for this popular surgical procedure if you meet the following criteria:
- You’re a healthy nonsmoker (or willing to quit smoking)
- You have no blood pressure issues
- You don’t take blood-thinning medications (or are able to temporarily stop taking them)
- You follow a healthy lifestyle
- You are unhappy with a pocket of stubborn fat tissue that won’t respond to your hard work
- You have realistic expectations for your procedure
Popular areas where liposuction surgery can be performed include:
- The abdomen
- Inner/outer thighs
- Upper arms
- Underneath the chin
- Chest (gynecomastia surgery)
- And more
The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for liposuction surgery – and how much it may cost you – is to schedule a consultation!
“I don’t know where to start. Dr. Pittman and his staff are the best. Dr. Pittman performed liposuction on my chin, arms, belly, back and thighs in two surgeries. His staff are top notch. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I couldn’t be more pleased with my results. I had serveral consultations before Pittman Plastic Surgery. Once I met with him and his staff the choice was easy. If you want the best, you have found it.”*